We wanted to take a minute to catch you all up on the auction planning!
Our next Auction meeting will be in Dallas on Saturday February 1st at 10:00. Everyone is welcome so email me if you can attend and I’ll send you directions.
We will be selling Rifle Raffle Tickets, Partners in Education Lapel Pins and passing out information about the auction at this weekend’s AOL Convention. Thank you to Betsy Yraguen, Vanessa Hagedorn and Kay King for helping this weekend! If you have any auction donations or wine and will be attending the AOL meeting, bring it with you. I will pick it up!
The theme for the auction will be patriotic with red, white and blue for our colors. We decided that we will wear black and white the night of the auction with red, white and blue for accents. The dinner is going to be western with tri-tip, bbq chicken, potatoes, baked beans, salads, and pie.
We are going to have the “Heads and Tails” game again with the flashing lights.
Southern Oregon chapter is going to do the “Wine Wall” again. We would like to get as many bottles donated as possible. Let me know if you can donate and how many bottles you can bring to the auction so we can keep track!
There are lots of ways you can help make this year’s auction a success: Email us if you want to help out.
- Gather Items and donations! We want to focus hard on this for the next two weeks.
- We need some help setting up for the auction and OLC events.
- Monday Afternoon, February 17th we will move all the auction supplies and donations to the Hilton – Need 3 to 4 big vehicles and strong arms to meet at the Eugene Storage Unit.
- Tuesday – Set Up Silent Tables on Tuesday February 18th. This is a great opportunity to preview the items and to meet OWIT ladies and friends from across the state as we work together to make each item shine! We will be in the Hilton Ballroom from 9:00 to 5:00. Stop in for an hour or two or stay all day. All helpers are welcome and lunch is provided.
- Wednesday – Final Set Up, February 19th. We’ll be back in the Ballroom from 9:00 to about 1:00 and than back at 3:30 to open the auction at 4:00. The auction will run until about 10:00 PM. Many hands are needed and appreciated throughout the day and night.
- Thursday to Sunday – OWIT Booth at the Oregon Logging Conference. We will need to be there from 8:00 AM to 5:00 on Thursday and Friday and than from 9:00 to 2:00 on Saturday. We will be displaying information about OWIT & TAT and selling rifle raffle tickets and Partners in Education Lapel Pins. We will also be at the Saw Dust Bowls on Thursday and Friday too!
- OLC Saturday Family Event – We will be providing a “Paper Making Booth” and a “Build a Bird Feeder Booth” from 9:00 to 2:00.
Thank you everyone for your help and support!