National Forest Products Week has been designated by Congress as the third week in October.
Why celebrate forest products for just one week, when we can celebrate for a whole month instead?!
Oregon Women in Timber Forest Products Month
For as long as we can remember, our OWIT chapters across the state have been celebrating Forest Products Month. Each chapter choses projects and activities that will best suit their communities. Over the course of the years, our month long radios ads have been one of our most popular activities!
2020 Forest Products Month Activities:
- Advertising on KEZI Greener & Cleaner
- Forest Fact Friday Radio Giveaways
- OFRI Materials Provided Electronically to 4th Grade Classes
- Radio Ads
- Social Media Campaign
- Social Media Giveaways
- Talking Forests Podcast:
- Thru The Trees Video Contest Planning & Promotion
- Women Who Know the Woods YouTube Videos
- Working Tree Farm Tour with Forests Today & Forever
History of National Forest Products Week